Apr 22, 2012

Bali, Indonesia

I joined a tour group to hike up to the top of a volcano called Batur to watch the sun rise.  Some macaque monkeys joined us to get food hand-outs from our guide...



Some fog rolled in as we hiked around the rim of the volcano.


There's a crater lake at the base of Mt. Batur.



You can't travel too far without seeing temples in Bali...





People set offerings on the curbs in front of homes and businesses as well as anywhere else that they can fit, like taxi dashboards.



The view from my guest house balcony - harvesting rice.


9 comments:

DJ said...

Love the photos of Bali. What a magical place!

Anonymous said...

Karl! I can see that you are enjoying the view with your friends! CH

Anonymous said...

Karl ~ What stunning scenes and photos! I'm so happy that you're seeing such amazing beauty.

I wonder if your blog-guests know that they can click on any picture to enlarge it, and see the whole set enlarged.

Love and smiles,
MCHJ

Unknown said...

very cool temples and architecture!
too bad i cant build a house with that kind of roof here!!

karl said...

I'd like to see this kind of architecture in the Bay Area too!

I also hope that people try clicking on the pictures...

Yep - everyone seemed interested in the sunrise! I'd say that magical is a good word to describe Bali.

Unknown said...

miss you bro! where are you at now?

karl said...

hey Satva! I'm in Cambodia now - I'll be posting some pictures soon. It'll be good to see you and the family in a few months!

Josh Haner said...

Your picture from the top of natural with the monkeys is spectacular. So jealous of your adventure. Love following your travels. You are living the dream.

karl said...

Thanks Josh - it's been good to know that at least one pro photographer would be looking at the blog... motivated me to try to keep the quality up!

Post a Comment