Mar 13, 2012

Cameron Highlands and Penang, Malaysia

From Kuala Lumpur I traveled to a mountainous region in central Malaysia called the Cameron Highlands. Hikes into the forest turned up some interesting plants...




...and animals.


One trail ended up at a nice viewpoint...


I met Nana and Fisel at the guest house that I was staying at. After being married for a year they had finally found time to go on their honeymoon. They had a car and asked me if I wanted to join them in visiting some of the tourist attractions in the area.


One major attraction in the area is tea plantations...


They also brought me to a night market.


The area was full of old Land Rovers - evidence of the historical British presence in the area.


From the highlands I traveled to the island of Penang, where there is more evidence of British rule.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

More stunning pictures, Karl. I can see that you have fine photographic skills! I feel like I can almost smell the incense burning, and hear the bustle of the night market. Neat that you met up with some more nice folks! Thanks for the postings. Enjoy!
MCHJ

DJ said...

It's interesting to see that you're wearing a jacket in the photo of you with Nana and Fisel. The Cameron Highlands must be cooler than the lowlands. Lovely nature photographs!

Anonymous said...

the pictures are great, may have to mark it off as places I have already been to....CDR

Post a Comment