Jun 9, 2012

Back to BKK, on to India

One of the last places in Vietnam that I visited was Halong Bay:

Back in Bangkok, I applied for an Indian visa - after about a week I had my visa.

My flight brought me from Bangkok to Kolkata.  The monsoon season is about to start here, which means that it's very hot and humid...






I met an Argentinian named Nahuel (below on the right) - he was on the same flight as me to Kolkata.  We shared a cab into the city center and have teamed up a few times to do some exploring.  This morning Ronnie (shown below on the left) gave us a walking tour of the neighborhood.

5 comments:

DJ said...

That food picture from Bangkok makes me want to go back. Glad you made it to India. Kolkata looks pretty intense. Lots of new adventures ahead.

Anonymous said...

I'm more than happy to see you enjoying your trip!

CH

Anonymous said...

Karl ~ Kolkata is totally new territory from my experience. I look forward to hearing ALL about your experiences and seeing all your photos of your weeks ahead in India. What an amazing scope of life experiences you are witnessing on your journey.

Blessings all along the way!
MCHJ

Unknown said...

whats the main difference off the bat between SE asia and india?

karl said...

Tres - a couple of things come to mind... It's hotter here and the pollution/haze sitting over everything is pretty thick - more so than SE Asia. This just reflects the season, I think - the rains should start soon and bring down the heat and haze.

Another thing is: just more people and more noise. It seems that each driver honks the horn once every few seconds. Also hand-drawn carts and cows in the roads make traffic a lot more chaotic.

Post a Comment